Planning Your Visit
& The Adoption Process
1. Visit our Adoption Center during adoption hours, 12-5:30pm (*Closed Mondays and Tuesdays)
We strongly encourage all people in your household to come to the shelter to meet any animal you are thinking about adopting. You may want to browse our adoptable pet profiles ahead of time so you’ll have an idea about which pets you may want to meet.
2. Meet our adoptable animals!
You can visit with our cats directly in their community cat rooms. Our Animal Care staff will bring any dogs you are interested in meeting to our Adoption Center office for you to get to know them. You are welcome to take them on a short walk, spend some off-leash time in one of our fenced yards, or spend time with them in our office.
3. Once you’ve selected a pet to adopt, complete the Adoption application and submit it to a member of our team for approval.
You will also need to show a valid photo ID at this time. Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis and are non-binding. Paws4ever cannot “hold” an animal for any reason. You can download our Adoption Application to fill out in advance.
4. If you are adopting a dog and have other dogs in your home, you must schedule a “Meet & Greet” to make sure your dogs are a match for each other.
Do not bring your dog with you on your first visit.
5. If your application is approved, you will visit with an adoption counselor to review your new pet’s needs in detail and sign the adoption contract.
Bring payment for the adoption fee (cash and major credit cards only, no checks).
6. Take your animal home!
If your adopted dog or cat is already spayed/neutered, your new pet will go home with you right away! If your adopted dog or cat is not yet spayed/neutered, your new pet will stay at the shelter for surgery and you will get a call for pick up when your new pet is ready to go home.